Monday 21 October 2013

Weekly 'If' Question

If you had to describe your worst experience with blood, what would you say? 
(Question taken from 'If x2' by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywell) 

My worst experience with blood isn't exactly gross; it won't make you cringe or say 'ew'. It might make you laugh a bit though. So here is goes, first, I should mention my strange fear of veins and blood tests. I'm okay with cuts and gore, it doesn't scare me or gross me out. Veins, arteries and any needle that gets put in a vein or artery however does gross me out. I don't know why but internal things freak me out, blood outside the body is fine. Blood inside the body is not. 

Okay, so. It was my first time ever getting a blood test, and of course it was also my first time ever going to the doctor alone. I went down too the blood lab, took a number and waited till they called my name. Naturally I was kind of shaky and nervous, this is one of my biggest fears after all. So when they called me, I walked up, I sat down and I shut my eyes really tight. However when I opened my eyes and saw the needle in my arm; I passed out..... YEP. 

I was that person who passed out while getting blood taken, embarrassing hey? So, that would be my worst experience with blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment