Monday 14 October 2013

Memoir De-brief

What did I learn about storytelling?

 I learned how much a photo can truly help to tell a story. The pictures help tell the story of the memoirs because its hard to describe a main idea in six words. The pictures help to show what you're talking about, or what your memoir is about. I know, that many of mine could have many meanings but the picture shows who or what it was directed too. 

Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?

 I showed my knowledge of story telling by carefully selecting the words I did. You needed to be able to tell a story in six words, so the words you use are very important. My words were all selected so they could perfectly convey the message I was trying to convey. I used the words I did because they told the story I was trying to tell, if I had picked a different word or order of words it could have confused the story. When you have a limited number of words, the few you do pick need to be just right. 

What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, storyteller? 

 I learned that six words actually could tell a story, six words is barely a sentence! When looking at other peoples memoirs you see the match up of the photo and the words and you know what they're talking about. I honestly had no idea how much six words and a picture really said. I also learned that punctuation actually does add emotion to something you're reading. It creates the proper pauses and helps to emphasize what is being expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment