Thursday 12 September 2013

Reading Survey

The best book I ever read was ___ because ___.

I've read a lot of books I could say were very good. As for my favourites I would have to say anything done by Rick Riordan. He writes about mythology which is something I've always had an interest in. I find him very easy to read because he takes mythology (a fairly complex topic) and makes it almost simple. He adds facts to an entertaining story. I love the characters he creates and the way he words certain things. Another one of my favourites is Anna and the French Kiss. I like this book for a few reasons, one simply being that it's light hearted and easy to read. It's a book about a teenage girl dealing with typical teenage girl dramas. For me it was easy to relate too and just over-all entertaining.

What kinds of books do you like to read? Why do you enjoy them?

The books I really enjoy reading are very simple girly novels. I like reading about teenagers and high school dramas, stuff that isn't so serious and ore just fun and enjoyable. I hate when I don't understand something that I'm reading and when I read chick-lit I never have that problem. For me a lot of it is also east to relate too because they talk about issues that affect me. I also find a lot of them funny, which makes them so much easier to read.

Have you ever re-read a book? Which book and why?

I can honestly say most books I read, I end up re-reading. Some examples are Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Outsiders, Perks of Being a Wallflower and many Ricks Riordan books. Mostly I re-read them because I want to. I need something to read and these books were very entertaining. I found them to be page turners, so why not read them again? With the book the Hunger Games I re-read it to catch any details I may have missed the first time. I re-read Perks of Being a Wallflower because I didn't get it. I understood the story, and what happens in it I just didn't understand the entertainment everybody else found in it. I read it again to get a different view on it. To try and interpret it differently, but still I didn't understand it like everybody else seemed to.

 

I own an iPhone, that has internet access and I regularly bring it to class. I also have a laptop that I could bring to class if need be, but I would prefer not to. I don't ever e-read but I have an app on my phone called Goodreads that I can e-read on. I'm pretty sure the books need to be already on Goodreads in e-book form to be able to read them. I'm not sure if you can download other ones. I rarely use it anyway. I also have a twitter account, that I've only ever used for personal purposes and now, of course I have this blog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment